Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top 10 Most Exciting SEC Football Players to Watch - That I've Seen In My Short Time



I'm ready for football.  So ready that I'll probably trek 60 miles this Saturday to watch my team play... a practice game... against themselves.  The A-Day Game.  And I'll even pay money to see it.  It's a sad state of affairs how much time we spend wrapped up in our teams, but that's another post for a later date.

So in the spirit of football, I began to think of the most exciting players I've seen in my lifetime, the ones I had the most fun watching.  And I've decided to include my expert commentary (insert joke here) along with each player listed.

Here goes...


10) Dexter McCluster - He may not have been the best player on the field, but he brought something to the table that everyone coveted: pure speed.  Seeing him in the open field was a joy.

 9) Knowshon Moreno - Point blank - he hurdled people.

 8) Shaun Alexander - Great football player.  Great guy off the field.  One of those running backs that could not be tackled.

 7) Matthew Stafford - One of the strongest-armed QB's I've seen in some time.  

 6) Rolando McClain - One of the smartest football players I've ever seen.  And he had a little bit of talent also.

 5) Cadillac Williams - I remember a game where he literally ran on top of a pile of people to score.  But the play that always comes to mind... Go crazy, Cadillac!

 4) Darren McFadden - My first AU game was against Arkansas.  I watched in awe as McFadden ran for 6,257 yards.  Not the best AU memory I have, but he was fun to watch.

 3) Peyton Manning - Probably one of the best QB's to ever play the game.  Funny commercials too.

 2) Tim Tebow - Took charge on the huddle like no other.  I have never liked Florida, but I watched too many of their games to count just to watch him play.  And most importantly, he uses his talents for the Kingdom of Christ.

  1) Cam Newton - Who else could end up at number 1?  He was probably the most loved player by AU fans, and the most hated players by everyone else.  But regardless, the most exciting player I've ever had the joy of watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment